Why Laser Dentistry?
As technology advances, so does dentistry. At Sage Brush Dental Health, we want to be a forward-thinking practice. That’s why we’re sure to invest in state-of-the-art equipment that is both safe and effective.
There are many benefits to laser dentistry, including:
- Healing time: Incisions made with a dental laser are self-suturing and usually heal much more rapidly than those made with other instruments.
- Low stress: Because of the absence of needles or loud sounds, laser dentistry is ideal for those patients with high levels of anxiety. For this reason, laser dentistry is also a great option for children who are afraid of the dentist.
Depending on your needs, laser dentistry can innovate and improve many of our dental treatment options.
Laser Dentistry Procedures
We’re proud to have invested in the DEKA CO2 laser. This particular laser will expedite a number of dental and surgical procedures to ensure maximum comfort and safety for our patients. Some of these procedures include:
- Gingivoplasty and other periodontal treatment: Any sort of procedure involving your gums is going to require the utmost care. With gingivoplasty, we can surgically reshape your gums, either to improve the aesthetic of your smile or to mitigate any health concerns. Abnormal gum shape or size can be the result of disease or genetics. Whatever the cause, our DEKA CO2 laser can safely and artfully remodel gum tissue.
- Frenectomies: This is a common procedure that consists of the removal of a small band of tissue that connects the gum to the inside of the top lip. Frenectomies are usually recommended if the frenulum is causing trouble with the patient’s eating or speaking abilities.
- Tongue-tie releases: Similar to a frenectomy, tongue tie surgery will sever a piece of soft tissue connecting your tongue to the bottom of your mouth, granting your tongue greater mobility.
- Removing lesions, ulcers, and other sores: Laser dentistry is a great way to safely remove lesions in the mouth or on the tongue.
To learn about these procedures and more, give our office a call!
We at Sage Brush Dental Health believe all our patients deserve a practice on the cutting edge of technology. Learn more about our dental technology and laser dentistry services by visiting our office or calling us!