In addition to our own website, there are other sites on the Web that provide interesting and helpful dental information. Because we are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients, we are providing the following selection of links to other sites you might find interesting and informative. We have grouped some of the links into various categories to provide quick access to the topics of greatest interest to you.
If you have a suggestion for a new link, please send us an email, as we are always looking for good resources to pass along to our valued patients and visitors to our website. We hope you find these sites helpful!
General Dental Websites
The following links provide some good general information on dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- Provides information for the general public including dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
- ADA’s Oral Health Topics
- The Oral Health Topics section from the American Dental Association provides dentists with clinically relevant, evidence-based science behind many oral health topics.
- Mouth Healthy
- American Dental Association’s comprehensive oral health glossary and reference guide for the general public’s education.
Oral Health Care & Products
Links to sites providing helpful information on oral health and home care products patients can use to maintain optimum oral health.
- Trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products.
- One of the world’s most trusted brands in dental products.
- Oral-B developed this learning center for dental health education to promote oral care habits that are essential to the lifelong health of teeth and gums. The site includes information and advice for children, adults, and dental health teachers.
- Learn how Philips’ dental products—including the electric Sonicare toothbrush—create an indescribable clean feeling, the benefits you can expect, and even take a factory tour.
Here are some fun and entertaining dental related sites for children (and parents).
- Colgate Educational Resources
- Provides articles, coloring pages, activities, and more to teach about many oral health topics. Sort by age group, resource type, and activity style preference.
- Crest Kids Oral Health
- Learn how to get your kids interested in learning about dental health, gum disease and cavities. Includes tips for tykes, parent’s guide, product information, and games.
- Kids Health
- The largest and most visited site providing doctor-approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence. Sections for parents, teens, and kids.
- Operation Smile
- A non-profit volunteer medical services organization providing reconstructive surgery and related health care to indigent children and young adults in developing countries and the United States. Operation Smile provides education and training around the world to physicians and other healthcare professionals to achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Other Interesting Websites
- Dental Fear Central
- Clear and concise information on how you can overcome dental anxiety.
- National Museum of Dentistry
- The museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a lively national center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and are fascinated by the rich history of dentistry.